How to disable autoplay to prevent USB infection
As the autorun feature of USB drive, viruses can easily infect computer via USB key, flash disk, etc.
When an infected USB flash drive is inserted in computer, the virus would execute and copy the autorun.inf file and executable file to root of each drive.
It is a good way to prevent system from getting infected by disabling autoplay feature on USB devices.
How to disable autoplay functionality manually
- Press Win+R,type gpedit.msc and click OK
- Select Administrative Templates System in the tree view
- Double click the “Turn off Autoplay” item, see that its set as not configured, select enabled, and change the “Turn off Autoplay on” to All Drives
- Hit the OK button and the modify will take effect after reboot.
Note: This method supports Windows XP, 2000, Vista, Windows 7
Disable autorun with automated tool easily
Autorun Remover is a professional antivirus tool to remove and block autorun virus, with it, you can disable autorun USB easily.
- Download and install Autorun Remover;
- Execut the tool and click Immunize Disk;
- Select the ‘Disable Autoplay for removable drives’ and Applly.
Also you can immute the disk or disable autorun.inf folder with the tool.
Autorun Remover is the most effectively autorun antivirus software in the market, with the product, it is an easy job for you to block any autorun.inf virus from USB drives, click to get more information about it.
Thanks, If you like this tutorial please share this article to your friends in FB, Twitter,