I had previously posted about Blocking And Unblocking any websites on your computer. In this tutorial i will teach you to specifically block facebook on your computer. This might be helpfull if you want to prevent students from using facebook in school and colleges or your employees in office. If you are parent and don’t want you child to use facebook or any other particular site then follow simple steps given below. So lets get started.
How To Block Facebook ?
- Go to Start and then Run
- Type in this C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
- Now you will see file name Host open that in Notepad. (don’t forget to open as administrator)
- Below “127.0.0.1 localhost” add IP address of site to be blocked or just paste folowing code
- To unblock any site just reversed the process.
- Now save the host file and done. In this way you can block any website
- Go to Start > Programmes > Accesories
- Then Right click on Notepad and Run it as administrator.
- Now open host file by clicking on File > Open and locate to following address
- Just add IP address of site to be blocked or just paste folowing code
- Open any browser and try to open facebook. It won’t open. If facebook opens then you might have done somthing wrong. (let me know if you face any problem)
NOTE: For each site you block just add “1” to the IP (127.0.0.1)
Thanks, If you like this tutorial please share this article to your friends in FB, Twitter,