How to Create Keyboard Shortcuts for Programs
December 26, 2013 | Tips & Tricks, Windows 7 | No Comments|
You can create keyboard shortcuts to open programs. Before you get started, you need to create a shortcut for the program to which you want to assign a keyboard shortcut. Do you prefer to keep your hands on the keyboard and use the mouse as little as possible? Want to start programs with a key combination instead of clicking through menus or desktop icons? It’s easy to do if you’re running Windows. To do this, open the folder that contains the program’s executable file, right-click it, and then click Create Shortcut.
- Locate the shortcut to the program that you want to create a keyboard shortcut for. For Example i want create to picasa
- Right-click the Picasa shortcut, and then click Properties.
- In the Shortcut Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab.
- Click in the Shortcut key box, press the key on your keyboard that you want to use (i am using letter P) in combination with Ctrl+Alt ( keyboard shortcuts automatically start with Ctrl+Alt ), and then click OK. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- If you’re using a program that also has a keyboard shortcut using the same key combination as the shortcut you just created, then your shortcut might not work.
This way you can create shortcut key to all the programs you need to open daily purpose. In this way you can save lot off time
Thanks, If you like this tutorial please share this article to your friends in FB, Twitter,