To recover files from a drive containing deleted files or folders, follow these steps
September 9, 2012 | Software | No Comments|
- Recover deleted files/folders even after recycle bin has been emptied or use of Shift+Del key.
- File recovery from Missing or Lost folders.
- Recognize and preserve long file names when restoring files & folders.
- Multi-Disk Drive Support – Performs FAT/NTFS, EXT2/EXT3 recovery on all IDE, EIDE, SCSI and SATA disk devices.
1. Download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, install it and launch it. Click the “Deleted File Recovery” button on the main window of Data Recovery Wizard.
2. Select the file types you want to recover. Tick ‘Search all lost files automatically’ to find all lost file types. Tick ‘Ignore bad sectors’ to skip bad sectors when scanning.
3. You can see the list of all volumes found on your computer, select the exact drive and press the “NEXT” button to search. If you are familiar with file system details, you can change “Option” before pressing the “NEXT” button.
4. Data Recovery Wizard will read file system on selected volume and search the files. This step may take some time depending on the size of disk space. You have to wait until scanning is finished.
5. After this scanning is finished, you’ll see file/folder tree.
Note: If you are not able to get the desired results after Deleted File Recovery, go back to home window and select the option “Complete Recovery” or “Partition Recovery“.
6. The “Search files” or “Find file by name” option makes finding the file you need much easier. You also can check the quality of the data in the container by the “File Preview” option.
7. Select the files or folders that you want to recover and press the “NEXT” button.
8. Select a directory and press the “NEXT” button to save the files.
Caution: Saving file(s) to the partition or drive where you are recovering data, for it may result in overwriting data and permanent data loss!
Please see “Deleted File Recovery” for more details.
The demo version of Data Recovery Wizard gives you a much fairer idea about chances of data recovery from your hard disk before deciding upon the purchase.
If you are running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) & 10.6 (Snow Leopard) & 10.5 (Leopard), please go to see EaseUS Mac data recovery software. Detailed instruction refer to Recover deleted files on Mac